Total Gross Distance-Based Fees (state)
The amount of theoretical per-mile revenues the State would recognize for every demonstration mile traveled. This is based on a per-mile rate of 1.6 cents per mile.
Net Total DBF Assessed
The gross total fees minus the motor fuel taxes paid to travel those miles.
Number of Participating Shared Mobility Vehicles
Vehicles used by our shared mobility partners
Total Distance Traveled (in miles)
Miles reported and fuel gallons purchased determine the distanced-based fee.
Total Fuel Purchased (in gallons)
The amount of fuel needed to travel the demonstration miles.
Average Fuel Economy (mpg)
More fuel-efficient vehicles mean less gallons of gas are purchased, so fewer taxes are collected to fund transportation.
Numbers are totals for all participating vehicles in Shared Mobility Providers' Minnesota fleets
Performance Metrics Explained
- Total Gross Distance-Based Fees (state) – The theoretical gross revenues Minnesota would recognize before motor fuel tax credits would be applied. This is calculated by the number of reported miles * 1.6 ¢ per mile”
- Net Total DBF Assessed – The amount of revenue Minnesota would expect to recognize. This is calculated as the “Total Gross Distance Based Fees” – (“Total Fuel Purchased (in gallons) * Minnesota State Motor Fuel Tax of 28.5¢ per gallon)
- Number of Participating Shared Mobility Vehicles – The number of vehicles reporting mileage and fuel consumption information from our two shared mobility partners
- Total Distance Traveled (in miles) – The total number of miles reported by the participating vehicles
- Total Fuel Purchased (in gallons) – The number of gallons of fuel purchased for the demonstration vehicles.
- Average Fuel Economy (mpg) – How efficiently the participating vehicles are using the purchased fuel to travel the reported miles. This is calculated by the Total Distance Traveled (in miles) divided by Total Fuel Purchased (in gallons)